• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call Settings

vssy4

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
Hi there,

I have a question... when i make a phone call, and it's dialling i would normally put the phone away from my ear (for fear of further damage from radiation :p) and the screen will then go blank while still ringing. And when the party picks up the phone, i wouldnt know unless i randomly put the phone to my ear.

So i would like to ask.. is there any settings that can be done to let the screen come back on when the call is actually connected or picked up by the other party?

Would really appreciate any advice!!! :)))

Thankssssssssssss :)

make a call and instead of taking it to ur ear just cover the proximity sensor (its a small circle to the left of the earpiece) with ur finger when the display is on.. the display should switch off.. and if u remove ur finger it should switch on again.. do it a couple of times to see if its responding properly.. btw are u using some case that is obstructing the sensor?

Upvote 0
Hi there,

My proximity sensor is working fine. Just that how do i set my phone to show the screen once a call is connected or when someone picks up? As i do not want to keep putting the phone to my ear and listen to it ring while waiting. is there any settings that can be done to let the screen come back on when the call is actually connected or picked up by the other party?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones