• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call sounds like auto-tune

shiznit123

Lurker
Dec 6, 2012
So I just got two new HTC One Vs from VirginMobile's cyber Monday deal and everything works great except the quality of the sound when I am making a call or checking voice mail.

It sounds like the audio is being digitally modified (think auto-tune). Its annoying and difficult to understand most of the time because everyone sounds like a broken up robot. The sound is bad through the earpiece, the speaker phone, as well as through headphones plugged into the speaker jack.

I plan on calling VM technical support and possibly returning the phones, but I'm not certain if its the phones or VM network. Any clues?

I'm not an expert, but I've had 2 other phones and my wife has had 3 other phones on the virgin mobile network (which is really sprint). And we never had an auto tune problem, the sound was fine. So either it's your phones or maybe it's the network only in your area.

You could always sing into the phone and become a pop star. That's all it took Rihanna.

Reactions: Zombie591
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones