• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call Transfer

FreeFlyDamo

Lurker
Apr 25, 2012
Hi there,

I have read this topic http://androidforums.com/htc-magic/31122-help-call-transfer.html and it hasn't really helped.

I've just bought the HTC One X on a Vodafone One Net deal. Should be able to transfer calls, but the handset doesn't send the MMI Sequence when I get to the last step - press '4' then press 'Send' (see attached).

Is it simply that my handset won't support this function or could there be another reason for this? (I am definitely following the instructions to the letter!) ;) Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Damo :cool:

UPDATE: I have also contacted HTC Support and Vodafone about this issue and they're looking into it for me. I will post more when I get any replies.

Is anyone experiencing this issue - or just me?!

Attachments

• Call_Transfer_Android.pdf
    248.7 KB · Views: 685
Hey Guys n Gals!

I thought I would update this thread to tell you that I have resolved this issue with a bit of initiative :cool:

Reference the attached guide above, inbetween the step when you press 'home' then press 'phone' - you need to press 'menu'. This works perfectly :p

Simply using the dialler from the home page will not work, and even if you drag another 'phone' shortcut there from the menu, that doesn't work either.

I am not a genius, but I am feeling rather pleased with myself right now :rolleyes:

Reactions: s.m.knipe
Upvote 0
Hi!

Do I understand your solution correctly? This is what the PDF says:
Step 4, press Home
Step 5, press Phone

You said pressing Menu as a fifth step, and the phone as a sixth does the trick? So, in this case, what does the pressing the Menu button do? Open the home screen menu? Then I press Phone? I don't get the point of pressing the menu button here :(

Guess I should try it before asking what it does, but I would have to dig out my old Menu button-equipped device from somewhere first.

Upvote 0
Hi!

Do I understand your solution correctly? This is what the PDF says:
Step 4, press Home
Step 5, press Phone

You said pressing Menu as a fifth step, and the phone as a sixth does the trick? So, in this case, what does the pressing the Menu button do? Open the home screen menu? Then I press Phone? I don't get the point of pressing the menu button here :(

Guess I should try it before asking what it does, but I would have to dig out my old Menu button-equipped device from somewhere first.

Yes you understood the solution correctly. The menu just accesses the "phone application" from a different directory, it shouldn't really make a difference but it seems as though it does.

My trouble is however, when I press menu and then phone, or even just phone after going "home", it still brings me back to the screen where one is on hold and one is on the line.

I'm thinking of installing Vanilla Android as it seems to be an interface issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones