• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lisadawn

Dec 4, 2009
NC
Hi. Just got my Eris last night and am trying to figure it out. I was using a BB curve so this is different. I am following all battery tips but have a different question. When I am on a call if someone beeps in it is automatically switching me over to this new call. How do I stop that?

Are you sure you're not brushing the screen with your cheek? I just tried it, and for me the new call came up with "Answer" and "Decline" buttons, and when I ignored it the new call went to voicemail.

The screen stayed on even when the phone was next to my ear, so it seems it would be easy to cheek "Answer". Using the proximity sensor to avoid false operations seems like a not-quite-complete work in progress.

Upvote 0
Are you sure you're not brushing the screen with your cheek? I just tried it, and for me the new call came up with "Answer" and "Decline" buttons, and when I ignored it the new call went to voicemail.

The screen stayed on even when the phone was next to my ear, so it seems it would be easy to cheek "Answer". Using the proximity sensor to avoid false operations seems like a not-quite-complete work in progress.

Proximity sensor has never failed to work for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones