1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Caller app with ability to disable searching for contact while dialing?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gadelat, Jan 18, 2014.

1. gadelat

gadelat Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2014
    Hey guys, all of the common android caller apps does search through contacts while typing in number into dial pad. This behavior is undesired for me and it can't be turned off in any app I tried. I found only one app which does not do this - Simple Dialer. But - as you can think, it's too simple. I would like regular calling app, but in which it's possible to disable this behavior.

To make sure you understand, i attached picture which shows exactly of what I want to get rid of.

Surely you do not understand for what possible reason I want to get rid of this useful behavior. I want to get rid of it because I do not remember numbers of people in my contacts, so when I want to call one of my contacts, I always use contacts and search by name, so this feature is useless for me. And when I lend my phone set on dial screen to someone so he can make a call, I do not want them to see what contacts I have in my phone as they pop up on the screen while they are typing in first digits of number.

Attached Files:

Advertisement