• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Caller Can't hear me LG 6G

There should be a voice recording app buried in your phone's App menu, might be named Voice Recorder, or Audio Recorder, or something like that. Try doing a quick test and see if the audio levels are also too low or not.

if you take a look at the microphone opening itself, probably a small pinhole at the bottom edge, does it appear to be unobstructed?

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm having the same problem. restarting doesn't help. Some articles advise turning off the google assistant....which i didn't have turned on. I test via audio recording as you suggest and my mic is not working. there is no visable obstruction. any other thoughts?
If you cannot get the microphone to work with any app that's an indication there's a possible hardware issue. Depending on your phone model (this thread is for a LG G6 but your profile states you have a Galaxy S6?) the mic might be soldered directly to the motherboard or it might be part of a modular assembly. There could be an issue where a solder joint has loosened which wouldn't involve actually having to replace anything but in either case this will involve opening up and disassembling your phone.

Upvote 0
Yes, sorry, i though i had narrowed the forum to an s6!
Thanks for your reply. The only other advice i can find is a factory reset which i don't want to do. Your suggestion is probably over my skill level! Thanks!
Yeah a Factory Reset is certainly an option to take into consideration but I don't know if that's a step that would actually apply to this particular problem. One thing you should try instead of a FR is to start your S6 up into its Safe Mode. While in Safe Mode your phone is running its Android operating system in a 'clean' state without any third-party apps/services getting auto-loaded in the background. If the microphone is working while in Safe Mode that's an indicator there's some app you've installed that's created the problem. At that point you then need to determine just which one, but at least you know your phone isn't having a hardware issue.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-safe-mode-on-my-galaxy-s6-or-s6-edge/
If you do end up taking your S6 to a service shop, before anything make sure you've got all your data backed up first. Then get a rough estimate as you might want to give some thought to just upgrading to a new phone. The S6 is still a very viable phone but it is getting a bit dated so it could be a matter where the cost to repair it might not be worth it if you've already been thinking about getting a new(er) one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones