1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Caller ID based greeting with VVM

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by dirkbonn, Dec 20, 2011.

1. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Male
    Honolulu, HI
    I use Visual Voice Mail (VVM) on my Droid X and actually like it. But I just found out that with VVM you're allowed to set up 10 customized caller ID based greetings. Well, I called into my voicemail and set up two last night. My wife and my daughter. But when my wife calls me to test it today, she gets the old original caller greeting that was always there.

I have been back into my voicemail account numerous times and listened to all the menus more than once. Does anyone have any idea what I could possibly be missing in the set-up? Any ideas are appreciated. My last move is to go to the corp Verizon store but it's about a 1/2+ hour drive, so that's why it's last on my list.

Thanks, :)

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Is your wife per chance using Google Voice to make calls?

3. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Male
    Honolulu, HI
    No, she has an iPhone 4 that she is using the way it cam outta the box last Feb. We're on a family plan.

Our daughter is going to school on the mainland and hasn't called me yet so don't know if hers work yet or not.

Going to my dad's tomorrow, so might record a greeting for him and see if it works for him. He's on AT&T.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    So, when she gets your VM she gets a standard greeting instead of the personalized greeting, and yet her number is set correctly in the settings?

Something weird here. Same family plan, so that really should not be an issue, might want to call VZW Tech Support and find out what its going on....