• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Caller ID based greeting with VVM

dirkbonn

Android Expert
May 6, 2010
Honolulu, HI
I use Visual Voice Mail (VVM) on my Droid X and actually like it. But I just found out that with VVM you're allowed to set up 10 customized caller ID based greetings. Well, I called into my voicemail and set up two last night. My wife and my daughter. But when my wife calls me to test it today, she gets the old original caller greeting that was always there.

I have been back into my voicemail account numerous times and listened to all the menus more than once. Does anyone have any idea what I could possibly be missing in the set-up? Any ideas are appreciated. My last move is to go to the corp Verizon store but it's about a 1/2+ hour drive, so that's why it's last on my list.

Thanks, :)

Is your wife per chance using Google Voice to make calls?

No, she has an iPhone 4 that she is using the way it cam outta the box last Feb. We're on a family plan.

Our daughter is going to school on the mainland and hasn't called me yet so don't know if hers work yet or not.

Going to my dad's tomorrow, so might record a greeting for him and see if it works for him. He's on AT&T.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones