1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Caller ID - shows Facebook Status

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boogaloo, Oct 27, 2010.

1. boogaloo

boogaloo Newbie

Just noticed something; my brother in law called me this morning. He also happens to be one of my Facebook friends. As soon as the phone rang, his FB picture showed up and his most recent wallpost was scrolling at the bottom of his caller ID pic. Is this new? I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Seems like I'm always learning new stuff on my EVO.

Sorry if this feature had already been found, I just thought it was pretty cool.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dakidobf

dakidobf Member

That came with the 2.2 update. It does twitter as well if thats synced and the latest update.

3. googliamoog

googliamoog Lurker

yeah, one of my iphone buddies was messing with my phone when a call came in from a mutual friend and he noticed the facebook scroll on the caller id.
    his face was funny.
    and envious.

4. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Android Expert

Thats once of the features that I noticed right away when I got my Evo in the beginning of October, really digging it.

5. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert

I assume the contacts have to be synced with FB prior, correct?

6. conor.in

conor.in Well-Known Member

I would imagine that's the case.

7. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

I was able to see facebook profile pics, even prior to the 2.2 update. I just had to link the facebook account if the registered facebook name didn't match what was in my phone.

But...I didn't know you could link a twitter account. I didn't see that option when editing people's contact info.

8. privraac

privraac Newbie

You could see the profile pics before Froyo but after is whenthey added the scrolling status.

9. s_special

s_special Android Enthusiast

always loved that feature

10. drexappeal

Ohhh...LOL, never even noticed that 'till now.

11. It also shows upcoming birthdays as well. My girlfriends birthday was earlier this month. She called me a week or so before, and it popped up saying her birthdate, and that it was approaching soon. Saved me, because I had forgot lol..

12. drexappeal

LOL...Yup. I like that it shows birthdays. Only problem I have with that is if one of my friends doesn't have their birthday visible on Facebook, I'll feel bad if I forget...LOL.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews