• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ericklirios

Lurker
Sep 14, 2010
Hi, everyone.

I've had my phone for over a week and I really like it. It's Android and it's not as big as most other phones so no problem with it living in my pocket.

I can't seem to get Caller ID on it though. No, it's not the region, the provider service or even the possibility of people hiding their identity when they call. This is the same SIM I've been using with an SE W980 and I've always had Caller ID on it. It was only when I moved the SIM over to the new phone that this happened.

I've contact SE regarding this and the suggestions have not helped. I've updated the software (though I already had the most recent), restarted it and even reset it to factory settings. Nothing. Same thing.

It's funny because I do know who sends me SMS but the same person can then call and all I get is "Unknown". It's pretty frustrating because I don't see a person's number so I can call back if I miss a call. I honestly would easily appreciate just getting the person's number so I can call back.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones