1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Caller ID

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cipher6, Feb 28, 2011.

1. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

What do you guys do to get caller ID working on your DINC?

Also, anyone know of any reverse phonebook apps, hopefully free?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Android Enthusiast

Do you mean like city id?

3. cipher6

But doesn't that just show what city the call originated from? I mean like the caller ID I used to have on my stupid phone... where it shows the name of the caller, if available.

4. ned4spd8874

Yes, that does show the city of the call.

As far as I know, the only way to do that is have that number in your contacts. Sorry, I don't know of any other program or way to accomplish this. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

5. ericDylan

ericDylan Android Enthusiast

i was just looking at my friends metro pcs dumb phone and noticed this. I am pretty sure it is not available for the Dinc. I don't even know if it is available for verizon at all. I did not have it on my dare and i don't remember it ever being an option.

6. cipher6

On my old non-smart phone with Verizon I had caller ID... I think it cost a few bucks a month. It was just like the caller Id you get on your land line through the phone company. Number and name of caller was displayed.

Seriously... the DINC can't do this?

7. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I don't think the actual name is a possibility. AFA the reverse lookup, Mr Number has an option for this and for blocking any number or number starting with any 3 digits you'd like (800, 888, etc.)

8. ned4spd8874

Mr Number looks pretty cool. Too bad it's $1.99 a month. I'd consider it if there were a flat fee for it. Or a free alternative.

9. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I don't want to jinkx myself, but I've had mr number installed for 2 weeks now and still have access to the CID and reverse lookup

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews