• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calling all Dev's

I'm one. As for any aosp ROM you can use the sprint code base to build from and we just need to switch to our APN and maybe look through the framework where it sets the mmscurl and change it to virgins so MMS will work without having to edit it manually after flashing.

Right now I'm working on getting my kernel source patched up to the latest 3.0.x source and I'm gonna start adding features from the siyahkernel.

But all the aosp based sprint ROMs should work with a little tweaking. And if we fork their s out race code and make the few edits for it to work on vm , it will make it super easy to stay current with the latest releases!

Upvote 0
One thing to remember about this phone is it is hardware speaking identical to the sprint epic 4g touch and boost sgs2.

The only difference is on the software side. On stock Samsung based ROMs there are slight differences in the framework and some of the system apps dealing with activation and voicemail and if course the sprint apps as opposed to the VM added apps. And then of course the APN and mmsc URL are different.

On aosp ROMs the only issues would be with the APN and MMS settings as it is aosp based and not tainted by sprint or Samsung.

So fotunatly a lot of development work has already been done and adapting that work to the few changes needing to be made for virgin mobile won't be to difficult.

Upvote 0
I mean yeah potentially because I believe it works as it is aside from MMS and 4g. So you would need to edit the apns.xml.

But my philosophy is if you have source code for a ROM, why not build it from source. So that way if something doesn't work, its much easier to fix!!
I agree totally, got get my Linux up & running so in the mean time I'll play with it in windows

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones