1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calling all GN upgraders...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kyler13, Dec 27, 2011.

1. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

So, I'd like to hear some some feedback from those of you that have upgraded or are about to upgrade...

I was part of the Incredible launch so my upgrade date finally hit today. I was a bit disappointed to see the price hadn't changed under my account, even though I'm now eligible for my final NE2 $50 credit. Let me explain... I have been "annual upgrade" eligible for the past 8 months and my corporate-linked account has been showing the GN and other recent 4G phones for $249.99. I decided to hold out for that $50 bonus to get down to $199.99 but as of today, no dice. It's still $249.99. I feel like I got the ol' bait and switch by Big Red on this one. I contacted chat support and she suggested that perhaps I was eligible for my NE2 credit early, something I was told was not possible a week a half ago by a CSR on the phone. They can move up the date, but not the credit. Discounts and credits should be treated separately, and here's how Verizon's hand is revealed... The iPhone CAN NOT be discounted. Thus, yesterday all the iphones were $x99.99 on contract, but phones like the Razr, Rezound, and GN were $249.99 for me. Today, those Android phone prices are the same, and all the iPhones have dropped $50 to $x49.99 on contract. Why? Because it's an earned credit. So, Verizon basically yanked my $50 discount this morning on all the other phones and replaced it with the credit. A bit misleading if you ask me. I'm curious if anyone else experienced/noticed this behavior, and what your upgrade process was like.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

I was worried something like this would happen if I waited for the 29th to upgrade. When I went to purchase the phone in a Verizon store, they were trying to charge me $300 for it even though I could get it online for $250. The lady was really nice and tried to figure out why she couldn't sell it to me for that price for over half an hour. Eventually, she just told me to pay online because that wasn't the NE2 discount I was seeing. I just paid the $250 with my annual upgrade promotion (forgot about that at the time) and left it at that. Sorry to hear about this happening to you.

3. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

It's not the end of the world, I'm just irritated by this sneaky practice. I mean, I waited until today for nothing, apparently. I could have had this phone on release day for $249.99 through Verizon direct, so I'm not giving them my business at this point as they've made a joke of my last NE2 credit. Now that I'm fully eligible, I'll wait until another deal comes along that matches the $175 price point that LetsTalk offered. Or if that doesn't come around soon, I'll just wait for the next best thing while Verizon grovels for my business through text, email, and the post office.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews