1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calling all THEMERS...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kheovnien, Feb 6, 2011.

1. kheovnien

kheovnien Well-Known Member

I am unable to change the icons on the homescreen "menu". The icons for add, wallpaper, search, and settings all change when i change the file in the drawable-hdpi (under framework.res), however, when I change the "notifications" and "preferences" icons they don't work when i flash the theme. the files that should be for notifications and preferences should be ic_menu_notifications.png and ic_menu_manage.png respectively. I'm using launcher pro. Please help this is annoying!!!

thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. faber78

faber78 Guest

those two icons are inside launcher pro.
    use a file manager and copy launcher pro to your sd card, go inside it and find the two that are causing you problems and load it.
    you'll have to unistall the old one first.

its been a while but you get the idea.

-------------------
    or another options is to download the theme black white and chrome (bwc) and go into the sd card section of the theme (7zip on your comp), find launcher pro and tear in to it, you'll find the two changed icons that are giving your trouble (and of course their names etc.)....you could even make your changes in that one (careful one is clear/one is normal....should be marked), toss on sd card and instal with installer.

again dont forget to uninstall old launcher pro before insatalling new one.

kheovnien likes this.
  3. faber78

faber78 Guest

4. kheovnien

thanks guys, but i've run into a problem. i have launcher pro uninstalled, i 7zip and copy/replace the 2 files, but when i exit out, transfer to phone, then try to install it says "Application not installed" everytime. if i don't modify the drawable-hdpi files it installed perfectly. i've read somewhere i have to manually sign the apk with the SDK? this is getting way too complicated for me. lol. if i send the apk to someone could they sign it for me?? thanks

5. faber78

faber78 Guest

hmmmm....been so long i cant remember signing it....yeah, send me the changes you want and ill figure it out.

kheovnien likes this.
  6. kheovnien

pm me your email address and i will send you the apk unchanged and the 2 icons i wants inserted into the drawable-hdpi folder

7. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Just so you know, you can sign apks with apk manager or with auto-sign-apk.

There are probably other methods, actually there are other methods, but I like using those two to sign apks.

8. kheovnien

i have been trying to figure out how to use apk manager/sdk/ and now auto-sign apk and i am clueless. ????

9. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Auto-sign apk would be easier, it requires less setup, basically no setup.

10. kheovnien

ok, if you don't mind, please explain it to me. i have auto sign v0.65. in the root of the folder there is an update folder, then in that there is an app folder and a framework folder. i'm trying to sign an apk, so where would i place the apk so that the program would recognize it?

11. faber78

faber78 Guest

cant remember if it will install as a system app (meaning regular uninstall wont take the new launcher pro out). you may have to use like titanium backup to uninstall it if you ever want to take it back off.

use apk manager, download, extract, drop launcher pro in "put here to sign" folder.
    click option 16? i think it was.

12. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I'm not sure which auto-sign you have, but use this one (extract the Auto-Sign folder to your desktop):

Auto-Sign-apk.zip

Follow these steps:

1. Rename the apk file you are trying to modify by changing the file extension from .apk to .zip.

2. With winzip extract all the files in the newly named .zip file to a folder on your desktop (call it "Mod Folder" or whatever you'd like).

3. Go into that newly created folder and delete the META-INF folder.

4. Now you can make the changes in drawable-hdpi by adding the icons/pngs you want.

5. After you have made the changes you want, create a zip file of all the files you have in the Mod Folder.

6. Change the extension of your newly created .zip to .apk and put the .apk file in the Auto-Sign folder on your desktop.

7. Now run the the sign.bat file in the Auto-Sign folder and follow the instructions.

8. Your newly created file will be called "your_app_signed.apk"; you can rename it to whatever you want, and that's it, your .apk file should now be signed.

kheovnien likes this.
  13. kheovnien

thanls guys. i got it working. saved me a lot of frustration.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews