1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calling alllll S2 owners

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KValor, May 16, 2011.

1. KValor

KValor Newbie

So I have a few questions for the new owners of the Galaxy S2

Firstly and most importantly to me is how the device feels in hand, I know this topic has been brought up time and time again, but I would like some first hand user experience, how does it feel, flimsy? Does it feel like a premium device? Worth $700+?

Secondly the overheating, is it really so hot? If it is getting hot, after what kind of usage are you noticing this?

Please give general comparisons to your OLD phone, as I will probably have more experience with them, hence understanding the differences. =D thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. daz_2000

daz_2000 Android Enthusiast

Nice to hold, feels just right, sometimes maybe a little light, but overall pleased with it.

It does get hot, but its easy to see what is causing your cpu to get hot, by going to task manager and viewing cpu usage.

Love it over the desire, camera better, playback of videos better, more space to install apps, dlna is nice. looking forward to hdmi.

3. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

I also came from a Desire & agree with everything you said. Best phone out there, period :cool:

4. The S2 feels brilliant in the hand. So light and well proportioned. I think in terms of screen size/power/weight it is by far the lightest out there. I have to wear a suit to work :( so keep it in my Jacket pocket - I hardly know it's there unlike all of my previous phones!

Re over heating. Had a problem with mine due to crashed app. See my thread on this..
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2/334210-phone-heating-up.html

5. GalaxyS2

GalaxyS2 Well-Known Member

Size is fine, it feels just right sat in your hand and I don't have big hands (they are average sized hand). I not noticed the heating up, I used to have an iphone 3g and even though the s2 is bigger you can't tell.

6. jimlad

jimlad Well-Known Member

i had a HTC Desire before, i thought that was quick, but this blows it away, its very light, but does not feel cheap the screen amazing and vibrant, the response on the device is spot on. best out there

7. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member

I've only been using my SGS2 since last night, but it fits nicely in the hand, albeit it is sometimes a stretch to reach the top right hand corner of the screen if I'm just using one hand. It is VERY light, and I'm not sure whether I like that entirely or not yet. I put it in my trouser pocket this morning, and when I got in the car, I thought I had left it at home it is that un-noticeable!

As I said, I have only had it less than 24 hours but it has never been hot or even warm, including when charging.

I upgraded from an iPhone 3G and am not missing it yet. MUCH better camera, more customisable, bigger and better screen, has flash (both in the camera sense and the adobe sense) and is in a different class altogether when it comes to speed and performance.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews