• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calling issue, phone or network?

Renat

May 29, 2010
Hi there all!

Not sure if this is a phone issue or network but I think it's the phone.
The problem is, when I try to make a call, I select a number and it displays "Dialing", then I wait few seconds and it displays "Call ended" and ends the call.
No dialling tone or anything....It does it A LOT. And people cannot get hold of me as well. Therefore I miss a lot of calls.

I tried switching my SIM card to another phone and its better.

Anything I can do? :( SO annoying, damn expensive phone and cannot use it properly.

I am on Three network, UK.

Thanks!

I am on Three network, UK.

You answered your own question mate :p

Remember they claim to be the best at mobile internet not mobile voice calls, I only say this as I'm on 3 in the UK and suffered the same problem on my old LG KC910 then upgraded to the X10 and Im yet to suffer it and no more random voice mails when I have a full signal as who ever called was sent to voice mail and the odd call would reach the phone :eek:

Odd though that I had the issue with the KC910 and not on the X10 yet you have issues on the X10 and not in another phone :thinking:

EDIT: My SIM card is from 06 so 4 years old

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies guys!

After today, I think its network not the phone.
All day I called people without a problem but in the evening same shit happened again.

My mother also told me she couldn't call me or other people with her phone (On 3 as well) all day, it just dropped before even starting to call, same as my phone did.

As I am talking to you, I have no network at all.

What I will do is, take another phone for a day and see if it's better, if not then I'll send my phone for repair.

Upvote 0
Glad you got it sorted. I have had some issues with my X10 and unfortunately had to get it exchanged. I'm also biased towards (or against :s) Three. Having worked in a phone shop a few years back, 99% of phone problems, were phones on Three. I'm not (or wasnt anyway) as bad about them now though but, after reading this, it seems to me they havent changed, so now i can go back to b*tching about them :p. Also helpful though because, Three have the best offer for the X10 Mini which I was gonna get my partners mum...not any more :s.

I also have to say, its sort of a relief for me. I'm worried my replacement phone will do the same, which is why I came reading this thread actually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones