• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Calling Messenger13 and CRP - May have burnt out CPU

gonzoguy24

Android Expert
Nov 11, 2009
Aurora, IL
Hey guys so I have been rooted and overclocking for a couple weeks with the bugless beast. I have mostly hung around 800 mHz but here is my problem...

I tried to play speed forge 3D and got a white screen...

I then tried to play gem miner...got a white screen....

then tried to play monkey kick...and got a weird screen of blocky un colored animation...

amazing some other games work...like mini golf wackyworld...

emulators work even...

abduction works...

I will try and download some other 3D games to see what happens...very odd...

I even unrooted back to stock and the problem still exists...and I also uninstalled and re-installed these apps that were not working..Any idea? try a factory wipe?

yea yea that's what I meant...sorry...very odd...I wanted to try some other things before factory reset...but i am in the middle of doing the full wipe now :/

EDIT: Hopefully this is nothing more than some odd issue with pplying update.zip versions of Pete's ROMS

EDIT2: On another note i dropped my droid today...now have silver scratch on my previously nice black bezel :(

Upvote 0
Okay good news...full wipe fixed the problem...

Thanks for helpin me out CRP!

I had played the game at 800 just fine multiple times...

I think the problem arose from doing to many update.zips wit Pete's ROMS (did it for the last 3 updates of his :/)

Either way thanks a bunch man. This is the best droid forum out there. :)

Upvote 0
I wouldn't be calling out to me in this forum. I don't plan on spending much time in here.

Glad to hear your issue has dissolved. Two comments. 1) That wouldn't have been a CPU issue, it would've been the GPU ... and the CPU is not o/c'ed with your kernel. 2) I've been running at 1.3 GHz since early Monday morning. If anyone is going to fry their CPU, it's going to be me. At 800, that CPU is barely breathing. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones