1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calling Wrong Number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lmag, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Lmag

Lmag Lurker

Does anyone know the fix for the following issue? Ever so often when I make a call it dials the wrong number. It's not a touch screen issue because the other number it calls is not even on the screen. The numbers are not similar. Today I caught a glimpse of a message that popped up for a split second when I tried to call my husband and it quit that call and called my boss. The message said something along the lines of "call not sent". This has happened a lot since I got the phone in October. It's random on when it does this. Any help would be appreciated. Please.

2. mojosodope

mojosodope Android Enthusiast

Mine does the same

3. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

I have not heard of this before. I would take it to my carrier and see what they say about it.
    Good Luck!
    Ron

4. Zuma48

Zuma48 Lurker

I have the same issue, I thought I was crazy at first. It happens so randomly. I called Verizon and they were clueless.

Also, I noticed it will call the different contact but when you call the original again it shows that you just talked to them as if it was the correct number!!!!

5. Roger Kint

Roger Kint Lurker

I'm also having the same issue but it seems limited to making calls from my "Favorites" list. I'll touch a Favorite contact to dial, it will bring up the message "Call Not Sent" and then will proceed to call a completely different person from my contacts list!!! Doesn't happen every time, just every so often...I'm going to take the phone to the Samsung kiosk at Best Buy and try to find out what's going on..
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (AT&T)

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

My immediate first thought is a malware app that is somehow hijacking the dialer. But if all of you are experiencing callouts to different, random numbers... then I'm at a bit of a loss.

javamann and KOLIO like this.
  7. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

You can include me with this group. It seems to happen whenever I pick someone from my "favorites group". It's pretty random as to when it happens, maybe once a month. Just like the above poster mentioned, I select a person from the favorite group and it randomely calls someone else in my contacts list.

It's already happened twice now. I've dial a number, put the phone to my ear, listen for pick up, and I get someone else. I've actually called someone and then when I hear them so "hello" I've said why are you answering this number. Their like, huh? I then look at my phone and relized I've dialed them and not the person from my favorites group. WEIRD.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews