1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Calls being blocked

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by amarkow, Jan 24, 2013.

1. amarkow

amarkow Lurker
    None

Jan 24, 2013
    Hi -- I just received my Galaxy SIII and it was working fine yesterday, but today won't send or receive calls. It says "emergency calls only." I can't figure out what setting I need to change to allow calls again. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

So it looks like I'm in the wrong thread area and should be introducing myself here. I'm Alan, and I have had a Samsung S2 for over a year. It started acting a bit goofy with a new download from AT&T so they gave me an S3 at a reduced price (yahoo!). But now this phone has started blocking calls. Because I only have cell service I have no other phone to call Samsung or AT&T about this problem, so I thought I'd sign up for this forum and try getting answers here. Thanks for any help anyone can provide, or for re-directing me to the correct forum area if I'm in the wrong place.

Alan Markow

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to Android Forums. Sorry to see your nice new S3 is messing up a bit.

It sounds like a cache wipe or factory data reset may be necessary. You can use the menu to get to the reset, but I always liked to use the recovery menu which is arrived at by holding down three buttons until the robot/android appears: volume up + power + home.

Once the android appears, release all buttons and use the volume keys to navigate to the menu item you want. I'd suggest the cache wipe first, failing that as a remedy, the hard reset may be necessary.

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Welcome! Glad to have you aboard :)

Hopefully Frisco's assistance is useful. However if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for joining :D

4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Reno, Nevada
    Hey there and welcome to Android Forums. :)

DS

5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello and welcome to the community. ;)