• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calls being sent to Voicemail issue

I believe after reading that thread, mine is the same it is set at 2, but for the life of me I cannot change the setting. I tried getting my MSL usling both methods described in that other thread and no dice. :mad:

TS

My original was set at 2 also, changed it to 0.

There should be absolutely NO hold back with respect to obtaining the MSL from Sprint. Tell them you need to reset the phone, simple. If refused, hang up and try again. Ask for advanced technical support, once with them you will get it as well if you tell them you are not getting but one ring and calls are going to VM and that you want to change the SCI.

The TECH I had walked me through it even though I didn't need it, lol, then he called my number to check out the ring delay with me, lol, it was pretty funny but cool.

I found Sprint (TS or CS) to be awesome if calling after 6 pm Eastern time, don't ask why, just that I have gotten everything and anything I have wanted from them if I call then, lol...

:cool:

Upvote 0
I've haven't had any problems with Sprint CD or Technical Service, its just that I have rooted my phone and I am a bit hesitant that if I call them and they try to debug it over the phone they might find out and possibly flag my account or something. But I may very well get the nerve to do it since these calls going to voicemail is more annoying than my hesitation of calling Sprint.

TS

Upvote 0
Although there are a few threads about calls going straight to voice mail in other phone sections, I have yet to see one here. From what I read, there isn't a solution, but I still want to ask being that it is now happening to my Sprint Hero...

oops!

yeah - i got this
:thinking:

so... i'm "stuck"??

Upvote 0
i don't know if this figures into this but.. my girlfriend is overseas and she calls directly to my (original) sprint-assigned ph# --- and her calls get through

however, ppl calling my GV number (pretty much EVERYbody else) get my vm instantly - doesn't ring once, they never hear it ring and never hear anything on my end

do i have the same problem you all are talking about??

it "seems" like it - its like what you guys are dealing with and its NOT like it - mine seems to be GV-based

Upvote 0
yeah.. i'm getting significant weirdness

i tried to call someone today, it dialed my gf instead - i of course clicked "end call" but it then locked on her "call ended" screen - had to pull the batt

getting weirder and weirder every day

the weirdness is building up

One thing to look at, when I use GV on my Hero, I have it set to ask me each time whether or not to use GV. If I say yes, it actually dials a 3rd party phone number (for me, 615 area code). In the past I thought that was like the 406 numbers (ie, unique to each contact), so I stored the 615 number as a number for one of my contacts. Therefore, every time I would dial out using GV, it looked like it was dialing the contact I saved the 615 number to, even though it wasn't really.

Not sure if any of that made sense or not.......

Upvote 0
Well, my saga with my calls going to voicemail has ended. After obtaining my MSL and changing the Slot Cycle to 0. For some the Slot Cycle method worked but for me it didn't. So I unrooted my phone back to factory specs and went to the store. They check it out and couldn't figure it out either. So they gave me a new Hero. That surprised me cause I thought I would have to fill out some paperwork and get a refurbished model or worse not have a phone for a while. Nice surprise.

TS out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones