1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Calls Dropping

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by lisad, Jan 2, 2012.

1. lisad

lisad Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    West Yorkshire
    I currently have an Acer Liquid Metal phone, this is the 3rd phone I have has since April 2011! I originally started with a Nokia N8 and decided to change phones after calls kept being dropped.... I first thought that this was because I was forgetting to lock the screen - I got fed up after 6 months and bought a HTC Wildfire.

After 2 weeks, the Wildfire kept dropping calls too. After checking online it appeared that this is a common fault with HTC phones. Not good, especially as I'm currently job hunting and don't want to seeming to hang up on potential employers!

I eventually got rid of the HTC and bought my current phone, Acer Liquid Metal.... guess what? calls dropping again! okay, more googling - looks like it could be my network (Tesco). Now changed network... calls still dropping! I'm at the end of my tether! my husband recons it's my head :D

Can anyone suggest what to do? what the problem could be?

Any comments gratefully received. Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. PolicyWonk

PolicyWonk Member
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    Male
    Benefits Consultant
    Richmond, VA
    I had a lot of dropped calls with the AT&T network. Currently, I'm on the Sprint network and have fewer dropped calls, but it still happens occasionally. I've had the best experience with the Verizon network. Also, the data on reliability supports my experience with Verizon.

However, before changing networks again, you should check to see if there are network towers near you and the cell reception is acceptable.