• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calls lose 3G/H signal

just checked out the link and have managed to select 3G only, YAY!!! will let you know if it holds signal or drops out etc. I was going to buy co pilot but am thinking of waiting for google navigation before i buy to see if its any good. Thanks again, great help!!!!
hi am new to this, could i ask what did you do to set the phone to 3g only,as am having problems that you had.Thanks,o and hello

Upvote 0
I tried this mainly for internet radio in car while moving and although it cuts out less often it does seems to eat battery power more.

Is there any kind of Car antenna for a HTC Hero(G2)? I know there is not connection on the phone for one, but just wondered if some way of imporving 3G recption/signal, even a hack to solder one in.

Upvote 0
Gonna repost the solution for anyone else on these forums wanting to fix 3G/H on as I've seen a few other posts...

voxluna on xda-developers.com said:
From the dialer, type exactly:
*#*#4636#*#*

After a moment, a screen will appear called "Testing". Select the drop-down that says "Phone Information". From there, scroll down to where it should say "WCDMA preferred", and change it to "WCDMA only". Use the back key to get out. It should stay selected even through a reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones