• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calls Through PC?

Can I make calls through my PC via wifi if I don't have Android 7.0? I don't know that that version can be installed on my phone.

Thanks.
the only thing that i know of is if you have a flagship samsung device that can use samsung dex. with dex you can hook up your phone via a cable and have the pc function as your phone. you make and receive phone calls as well as text messaging among other things. i doubt your phone will work on it as it will need a much higher android version then 7.0.

https://insights.samsung.com/2020/08/05/the-beginners-guide-to-samsung-dex-5/

only available on these devices:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062657/

Upvote 0
How did u call using wifi? I see no option on the phone. Seems I would need Advanced Calling. Is that a paid feature? I have a Verizon phone tho i don't use Verizon.
Thanks.
yep you have to have a phone that supports wifi calling and a plan with your carrier. on my note 10+ with verizon i can make phone calls on my phone using wifi if i needed to.

Upvote 0
These are the WiFi calling instructions for the Verizon S5, but since you're not using Verizon your current carrier might not support it:
https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-204394/
  • For Wi-Fi Calling to work, verify:
    • Wi-Fi is turned on and connected.
    • HD Voice is activated first while in the Verizon wireless coverage area (can't be activated internationally).
  • Wi-Fi calls always originate in the US, even when you're outside of the US.
    • Calls to US numbers are not billed (except for 411 or other premium calls).
    • Calls to international numbers are billed according to your international long distance plan.

Galaxy S5 WiFi Calling:
  1. From the Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Advanced Calling.
    These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi Calling.
  3. Tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch to turn on or off.
    If activating Wi-Fi Calling for the first time:
    1. Tap Activate Wi-Fi Calling.
    2. Review the Terms & Conditions then tap CONTINUE.
      Ensure the Terms & Conditions option is checked.
    3. Enter the emergency location information (E911) address then tap SAVE.
      This info gets transmitted to the emergency dispatcher for all 911 Wi-Fi calls. If address validation fails, you'll be required to re-enter a valid address.
      Upon successful validation of the address, Wi-Fi Calling turns on.

To select your calling preference while traveling outside the Verizon wireless coverage area or internationally, ensure Wi-Fi calling is turned on, tap When Roaming, select 'Prefer Other Cellular Networks' or 'Prefer Wi-Fi' then restart the device.