• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calls to sprint, gps, and more...

brettlewis

Android Expert
Nov 3, 2009
Arizona
I have a few questions and have decided to put them all in one post instead of three

1. Almost every call I make or receive from a sprint customer is dropped, is there a reason for this, my freinds with sprint say that only calls to me are dropped.

2. After closing the navi***tion app, and/or closing the task it still apears as using up to 40% of my battery. How do I completly close it.

3. Why do I change from 1x to 3x so often? And why even when I have 3x can I sometimes not load pages or timeout?

4. Why does the power managment widget sometimes not do anything (only on my replacment droid)

5. Why is the phone app so bad. Its very slow and deffinatly not built fro someone who needs to call fast (like in an emergancy) will there be updates for it or is there a 3rd party app for it.

6. I am typing this from my phone and noticed that my typing is fasteer then the input in the text area, it seems to lag input while typing, is that a possible browser issue?

7. Haptic feedback is inconsistant, sometimes it is long vibration sometimes it its short, sometimes it is double. Also feels like parts are loose when it vibrates, like hardware is vibrating/loose. Where are the settings for feedback?

Answer below in RED.

1. Almost every call I make or receive from a sprint customer is dropped, is there a reason for this, my freinds with sprint say that only calls to me are dropped. Did you installed the "DropAllCallsFromSprintCustomers" App? That's probably what's doing it. :)

2. After closing the navi***tion app, and/or closing the task it still apears as using up to 40% of my battery. How do I completly close it. Use a task killer app. I recommend 'Advanced Task Killer Free'. Just don't let it load on startup, or run all the time. Use it to kill aps if and when you want to.

3. Why do I change from 1x to 3x so often? And why even when I have 3x can I sometimes not load pages or timeout? I don't even know how or why you would expect us to be able to answer that question. Take your phone back to the store and ask them. I can only tell you that my DROID rarely goes into 1X mode. And I don't exactly live in the city or 'burb.

4. Why does the power managment widget sometimes not do anything (only on my replacment droid) Mine works every time. Perhaps you have another app that is interfering. Or, you need a new phone.

5. Why is the phone app so bad. Its very slow and deffinatly not built fro someone who needs to call fast (like in an emergancy) will there be updates for it or is there a 3rd party app for it. Why do you ask questions but not use question marks??? And, umm ... I think the phone app rocks. It's rock-solid and very fast. "Bad" is often a subjective comment. Perhaps you might want to look into replacing your DROID with a different phone that has a "good" phone app.

6. I am typing this from my phone and noticed that my typing is fasteer then the input in the text area, it seems to lag input while typing, is that a possible browser issue? Some have complained that their DROID lags when they type in this forum. Mine does not. I do use the Dolphin Browser. Which one do you use?

7. Haptic feedback is inconsistant, sometimes it is long vibration sometimes it its short, sometimes it is double. Also feels like parts are loose when it vibrates, like hardware is vibrating/loose. Where are the settings for feedback? Under "Settings". :eek: FWIW, my haptic feedback is very consistant, without the sensation of loose hardware. I really think you need a new phone.

Upvote 0
I will make a full reply from my computer laterr but for now...
I love my droid and most of those problems are only mild problems.
This is my second droid however and I figured these issues were just on my first phone, however they have been on both my devices. My orig was 39/09 and my current one is 42/09.

Upvote 0
Replies to your replies in the red:

1. lol, no I did not. I am going BACK to Verizon today to check on this issues.

2. "navi***tion" i wonder why it put astriks in for that. did i accidentally type a bad word. ha. anyways, I do have advanced task killer, It just doesn't want to close, I turn of the GPS, I close the app, I force close. Doesn't show back up in the list, but shows as still using about 40% of the power.

3. This has been the biggest issue thus far, I live in the 5th largest city, so I like to think I would have good service, but reception is spotty for 3g and cell. They are installing several cell towers within a mile of where I live though because It seems to be an issue for everyone around me.

4. I'm thinking the latest update of home++ is causing this interference, cause one of the times I pressed one of the power management buttons home++ force closed and then it worked

5. I was typing this on my phone from a doctors office trying to hurry before they told me to turn off my phone (again), anyways, its not really that its bad, but more that it takes to long to come back after the sensor is away from my face. I was trying to win a prize on the radio, and I kept having to wait 2-3 seconds before I could hangup, then another 2-3 till i could redial. There are a lot of pause times between phone app button presses.

6. Might be the forum, havent really used any other text areas for extended typing on my phone so I can't really say. I was using dolphin browser on my first droid, but had the same issue.

7. Saying loose hardware was a bit of an exaggeration on my side. Its more like a slight rattle. Cant really explain what it feels like, might still be getting used to it based on my old phones feedback.

I really don't want another new phone, Re-downloading all my apps was not fun :(

(thanks for the in-depth response)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones