1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cambridge Sciences Vector G7 Tablet issues!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ascafc, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ascafc

ascafc Lurker

I really need help! I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc phone and it works great and I know what I'm doing with it! I just received a Cambridge Sciences Vector G7 16GB Tablet but I can't get it to do what I want! I have lots of issues, can you help with any of these:

1. APPS: The tablet runs android 2.3 but there are loads of apps I'd expect to see in the Market that aren't there! Facebook, IMDB, SwiftKey X and even the original Angry Birds! Any ideas?
    2. CONTACTS: I know it's a tablet and not a phone but I can't find anywhere to store my contacts. Any ideas??
    3. MUSIC: I've managed to move my music collection from iTunes but all of the "artist information" has disappeared. Strangely, all of the album details have stayed.
    4. ICONS: All of the icons are all over the place in the main program part of the tablet and I can't find a way of moving them into some kind of order - again, any ideas
    It just seems like an old version with bits and pieces missing. There's an updatter but it says I already have the latest version. Any help and advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tbilisi

tbilisi Lurker

I share your confusion :(

I've never used an android device before and I'm quite disappointed by the interface on my G7-III. Maybe it just takes some getting used to but I can't even figure out how to compose a new email - read it, and reply to someone who's sent me a message, no problem, but launch the email app and all you get is an inbox?

Edit >> I worked out that the rocker switch on the top gives you more menu options than it tells you about in the manual ;)

I copied a whole load of music over to the music folder too, but when I click on the music icon I just see the same three sample songs which came with the machine. No sign of any way to search for media files on the machine and add them to a library. Disappointing.