1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camcorder issues and battery issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by veedubmaster, Jan 5, 2013.

1. veedubmaster

veedubmaster Newbie

hi all,

hope someone can help here.

Today I tried to use the camcorder function on my DHD, it shows the cam screen and shows the red record button, but when I press the button it closes the function and returns to the menu screen??

also if I try and play a video Ive taken a while back it shows "differently" in the player, theres a greyer screen at the sides and wont play the video correctly, ie no sound, stuttering time bar and dodgy playback :(

last week or so Ive noticed also that the battery is woeful when it hits the amber part of the bar, until last few weeks I could see the bar hit amber at bedtime and come morning it'd still be on amber.

I dont use wifi/3g/nav or any other function when I dont need them, I have all the power saving tips/settings so I know its something affecting the phone, but what is it???

The phone has ran great for two years, I've not changed anything in this time however recently I done the following

downloaded the bbc iplayer and some other bbc app to make it play

downloaded vimeo app

changed to Giff gaff and used youtube and vimeo LOTS more because of unlimited internet

so, i've uninstalled the bbc and vimeo apps just in case, turned the phone off and removed the battery.

Ive NOT done the factory hard reset thing as I didnt want to lose certain bits on the phone just yet.

I cant think what could have caused this random malfunction, any advice or tips to correct it. the phone is great besides this and I'm loving the giffgaff contract at the mo

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ral

ral Android Expert

Can you go into Settings > About Phone and tell me what is written in there.

3. veedubmaster

veedubmaster Newbie

certainly, which sub menu do you need me to show?

cheers

4. ral

ral Android Expert

I wanted to see the Android version. I am not on the stock ROM right now... I kind of forgot which section is in it. But it should say something like Android 2.1, 2.3.3, 2.3.5 or something else.

5. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

It should be in settings - about phone - software information :)

ral likes this.
  6. veedubmaster

veedubmaster Newbie

Hmmm I thought this had resolved itself, appears not ! I'm on 2.3.5

Many thanks for any advice

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews