1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Camcorder problem after froyo upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by traustie, Aug 2, 2010.

1. traustie

traustie Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Hi Everybody,

I just upgraded my phone to froyo. Everything seems to be working except for the camcorder. Everytime I try to start it up it the app closes.
    The camera itself is fine, I've taken a few pics with no problem.
    I've restarded the phone but the problem is still there. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Advertisement

2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    You've not got LED Light 1.0.9 installed have you?

3. traustie

traustie Member

Jul 14, 2010
    No, I uninstalled it. No change

4. traustie

traustie Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Now I've factory reset the phone, but the camcorder still doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

5. traustie

traustie Member

Jul 14, 2010
    I installed Qik and recorded video with that, so the problem must be with the application. Anyone know how to fix this? This is driving me mad :mad:

6. mrbelly

mrbelly New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I had the same problem this morning. Found something on the net saying it could be that the micro sd card is too slow to record video or something like that. 2 days ago I switched to a 16gb card but not sure if I tried the camera.
    Anyways, this morning I put back the old Samsung 4gb card and the video camera works fine now. So I'm not sure if it's a problem with my cheapo sd card or a problem with froyo not dealing with a 16gb card properly.
    have you got another card you can try?

7. Conman666

Conman666 New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    I have the same problem. No uploads, no new SD card, just a random stop of camcorder ability. It shuts the app down and the camera works well. Very annoying.

8. robames

robames New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    I have the same issue. Everytime I try and open my camcorder after I installed 2.2, it shuts down right away. I use the app all the time. Does anyone have a fix? Will they fix this soon?

9. tlw00dy

tlw00dy New Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I have it, too. I recorded one video successfully with my new Droid X running 2.2. Now, when I try to use it, hit record, app shuts down.

10. mshingore

mshingore Member

Nov 29, 2010
    i had d same problem 2 n i simply m 2 lazy 2 go 2 d htc service center 2 ask dem 4 a soln.. cz dey wud hv ended up factory resetting n it sure as hell dznt solve d prob..

bt here r a cpl o things i did n it solved my problem.. i transferred d existing videos on my sd card 2 my pc n den went 2 d camcorder n checked d settings, changed d recording resolution 2 720p (it ws QVGA earlier) n viola! my camcorder ws back onlyn.. hope this helps (sure did 4 me!! :D)

Tags: