• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camcorder problem after froyo upgrade

traustie

Jul 14, 2010
Hi Everybody,

I just upgraded my phone to froyo. Everything seems to be working except for the camcorder. Everytime I try to start it up it the app closes.
The camera itself is fine, I've taken a few pics with no problem.
I've restarded the phone but the problem is still there. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I had the same problem this morning. Found something on the net saying it could be that the micro sd card is too slow to record video or something like that. 2 days ago I switched to a 16gb card but not sure if I tried the camera.
Anyways, this morning I put back the old Samsung 4gb card and the video camera works fine now. So I'm not sure if it's a problem with my cheapo sd card or a problem with froyo not dealing with a 16gb card properly.
have you got another card you can try?

Upvote 0
Hi Everybody,

I just upgraded my phone to froyo. Everything seems to be working except for the camcorder. Everytime I try to start it up it the app closes.
The camera itself is fine, I've taken a few pics with no problem.
I've restarded the phone but the problem is still there. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
I have the same problem. No uploads, no new SD card, just a random stop of camcorder ability. It shuts the app down and the camera works well. Very annoying.

Upvote 0
i had d same problem 2 n i simply m 2 lazy 2 go 2 d htc service center 2 ask dem 4 a soln.. cz dey wud hv ended up factory resetting n it sure as hell dznt solve d prob..

bt here r a cpl o things i did n it solved my problem.. i transferred d existing videos on my sd card 2 my pc n den went 2 d camcorder n checked d settings, changed d recording resolution 2 720p (it ws QVGA earlier) n viola! my camcorder ws back onlyn.. hope this helps (sure did 4 me!! :D)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones