• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camcorder recording FPS question

HadouGhost

Android Expert
Feb 14, 2010
I understand that the Droid 3 can record in 1080p at i believe 29fps. My question is in low light / night time (with or without flash) what the FPS in a video tend to be at. I know on my droid 2, in a well lit room i get about 18fps, if its outside during the day its 30 fps and if its dark or night time (with or without flash) its about 10 fps.

a way to check this would be to record a video, upload it to your computer, right click the video, click properties, click on the details tab and you should see ''Frame Rate'' I would appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

I understand that the Droid 3 can record in 1080p at i believe 29fps. My question is in low light / night time (with or without flash) what the FPS in a video tend to be at. I know on my droid 2, in a well lit room i get about 18fps, if its outside during the day its 30 fps and if its dark or night time (with or without flash) its about 10 fps.

a way to check this would be to record a video, upload it to your computer, right click the video, click properties, click on the details tab and you should see ''Frame Rate'' I would appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

gonna bump this since many many more people have the phone since my original post.

i really need to know what the FPS of recording the phone does at 1080p with low light.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones