• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera 360 - Better Picture Quality?

kevhow

Feb 3, 2010
Delaware
I'm trying to make sure I'm not crazy. I have been sitting here at work trying to find an alternative to the photo software that comes on the Eris. I have never been happy with the stock camera app and the pictures it takes. I downloaded an app called Camera 360 from the market. I've been taking several pictures and comparing them side by side. To me, Camera 360 looks like it takes much better pictures. I have emailed myself 3 or 4 pictures so I can compare them on the PC. The stock camera seems to be very blurry when blown up onto a computer monitor. The Camera 360 pictures seem to be clearer and sharper. Granted I'm sitting here at my desk taking pictures of the wall and my feet, so it's possible the Camera 360 software will stink outside.... Anyone else try this app? If so, what did you think?

BTW, I increased all the settings dealing with quality and picture size on the Camera 360 app to the highest levels.

Yeah there definitely is a clearer image with the 360. I did both indoor and outdoor (sunny weather) pics with the 360 and with the regular camera. The 360 pics are clearer both on my phone and on my laptop! If I knew how to upload the pics, I'd do so but don't know how to. Can you (or anyone) tell me how to?

I'm now hooked on this app and am going to delete my other camera. I don't like the icon of the 360 but the pics....OMG! I guess it is worth the less than pleasing icon.

~Amy

Upvote 0
No need to run off to the optometrist Kevhow. Your eyes are working just fine. Of course that is, unless we both have bad eyes and need to see the eye dr! :D

Seriously though, I think you hit upon something good. I, too, am going to continue to play around with this and will report back if for some strange reason my love for this app changes. For now, I'm amazed....

Upvote 0
Have you turned on the antishake yet? I didn't like it because it made you push the but to focus and then again to take the picture. I ended up turning that off. Yeah, it does lack date stamp, but I don't use that much. You could use a photo editing program to add it on there if you want it bad enough to go to all that trouble.

Upvote 0
Have you turned on the antishake yet? I didn't like it because it made you push the but to focus and then again to take the picture. I ended up turning that off. Yeah, it does lack date stamp, but I don't use that much. You could use a photo editing program to add it on there if you want it bad enough to go to all that trouble.

I've used the anti-shake. For me, it's good because hopefully it'll cut down on the blurry images. It's an extra step, but I don't mind. Overall a great camera app and I'm really happy with the resolution. Other apps never fully utilized our 5MP resolution. The stock camera's resolution is 2592 x 1728, by the way. I set this resolution to be the same so I don't have odd-shaped photos.

Edit: Actually, the file name is like a time/date stamp so that's ok. Would still be nice to have the option to imprint the date on the picture too...

Upvote 0
ok... so i have been testing this out... image quality seems to be a bit better... not sure if i'm noticing totally significant gains... but i'm having another issue and am having to uninstall and reinstall this app...

i turned on the energy saving option or whatever its called and now there is just a blank black screen... i try backing out and everything... the only way to get out of the app is to push the home button but then when i go back into the app it is still a black screen... anyone else have this problem yet?

Upvote 0
ok... so i have been testing this out... image quality seems to be a bit better... not sure if i'm noticing totally significant gains... but i'm having another issue and am having to uninstall and reinstall this app...

i turned on the energy saving option or whatever its called and now there is just a blank black screen... i try backing out and everything... the only way to get out of the app is to push the home button but then when i go back into the app it is still a black screen... anyone else have this problem yet?

All I have to do is press on the screen and it comes out of energy saving mode. Using the back button does nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones