• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera 360 - Better Picture Quality?

Thanks for letting us know. I reinstalled the app and took a picture of a sleeping dog (I let him lie). Nothing showing in Running Services after exiting the app. Guess I can start using it again. :)

I didn't have any problems with it continuing to run after exit before the update. Downloaded the update and took pictures and after exiting checked my battery and it was still running at 96% of my battery. Went into the app and wasn't allowed to force stop so unistalled it and went back to the stock camera. I am new so don't know if I did anything wrong but it seems in my experience that the update created a problem that I didn't have before.

Upvote 0
ok.. so I LOVE this app. the pictures look great and it's got tons of options for free. But I'm having this problem and I can NOT figure out what the deal is for the life of me.

I have set the "photo resolution selection" in the settings at 2592 x 1728. I've taken pictures in several different modes, and when I take the pictures off my SD and onto my comp, the resolution is 480 x 320. EVERY SINGLE ONE!

I don't remember reading any reviews or information about the free version having resolution constraints or anything.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
ok.. so I LOVE this app. the pictures look great and it's got tons of options for free. But I'm having this problem and I can NOT figure out what the deal is for the life of me.

I have set the "photo resolution selection" in the settings at 2592 x 1728. I've taken pictures in several different modes, and when I take the pictures off my SD and onto my comp, the resolution is 480 x 320. EVERY SINGLE ONE!

I don't remember reading any reviews or information about the free version having resolution constraints or anything.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Am I missing something?

Did you even read this thread before posting in it? Try reading through page two :cool:

Upvote 0
not sure what everyone is getting all upset at the dev for charging now for this app. There is always a difference between the pro and the free versions. That is his/her perogative, isn't it? Although I think $3.99 is a little high for the app, I bought the pro version because so far I think it is tons better than the stock camera app and much better than any other camera apps I have tried. And I think it has lots of potential, especially if the dev keeps up with the updates....and he probably will if ppl are paying for it. If not, that is the chance we take and I guess we can complain and he will have a hard time getting back into the market. Seems i've noticed that a lot of apps that were free before are becoming paid....just the way it is and it is to be expected.

Upvote 0
not sure what everyone is getting all upset at the dev for charging now for this app.
I don't know of people are upset about this... though I agree, $4.00 is a bit pricey. I think most people are upset that the developer completely changed the free version and did not even warn users about this. Free or not, it's not a smooth move. While I think developers work _very_ hard and that Camera 360 is a great program, I think the developer made a bad move in pushing free users so hard to pay for the program. It's not typical that a developer would come out with a free and paid version and then cripple the free version so much that a user is all but about obligated to obtain the paid version.

Is this a developers right? Certainly. Is it the consumers right to talk a walk and use another program without paying the developer anything? Yup.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Im gonna chalk this one up to a lesson learned. like may others, I am guilty of not reading the reviews before updatiing. i saw update and thought that it will be an improvement. wrong. i wish i had been smart enough to back up this app in astro, but alas no. that app absolutely sucks now. i understand that devs like to get paid for their hard work, and im sure the paid app is awesome, but 4.99? he has lost his flippin mind. maybe .99 i dont know about anyone else, but i dont have 4 bucks to just throw down on a cell phone app. that could buy alot of baby food lol i did like this camera though it took awesome pics. maybe the dev will get his head screwd on straight, and lower the price.

Upvote 0
i asked the dev that and his/her/their reply was basically: no, but would keep that in mind for the future.

In all reality, THAT SUCKS!
"Hey consumer. Here is really great AP, but no, we're not going to tell you how to utilize it."

And I know if I call Verizon, they'll tell me they can't help me. NOR should they have too.

Thanks for asking the question.

Upvote 0
This used to be a free app... and now it's 3 or 4 bucks.... right?

If I'm buying a $200-300 camera (or phone with camera), then I expect a full manual (which I wont read, but it better be there), and even a website or 800 number where I can get support if I should need it.

When getting an app from the market, i really dont expect all that much. I'm just happy there's an app I enjoy using.
But that's just me.

Upvote 0
And I'm pretty savy figuring things out. But while I can figure out most of what it does, I may not be using it to the best of ITS abilities. I'd be more inclined to recommend it, if I could explain its practicality to someone else. But THATS just me! ;)

I agree, I'd love to see a guide, official or unofficial. I looked for some reviews and this is the only half decent one I found even though it is a bit outdated (the free version was affected).

Review of several free Droid camera apps (and for Android phones)

But to be fair, I am pretty sure the dev is chinese (some of the settings are in chinese) so there may be a language barrier involved in putting out instructions for this.

Upvote 0
But to be fair, I am pretty sure the dev is chinese (some of the settings are in chinese) so there may be a language barrier involved in putting out instructions for this.
I also think he's Chinese, as his entire website supporting the product is in the language of that land. There is a FAQ on his website but it does not explain the functions or features of the product.

I agree... if the developer did a better job of explaining all of the great features in the program I think it would sell better.

Upvote 0
Is there a place to get a user manual? A lot to do, but don't know everything I CAN do.

I bought the program today and was impressed enough with some of the shots I got so I'm going to dive into all the settings to figure out what they all mean. I've always loved photography but never got into the technical aspect of it. I was really hoping to get a phone with a better camera, but have decided to buy a dedicated camera in the $400 range (I'm not rich, so this is going to be insanely expensive for me). This means I need to figure out the technicals finally.

Short of the long, I've decided to research the program, the phone, and the options and write up an unofficial mini-manual. I'll do the best I can and share it once it's ready =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones