1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera and video disappointment please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andonakis, Dec 27, 2011.

1. andonakis

andonakis Well-Known Member

Loving my rezound so far. But my camera and video are very disappointing. Pictures are a reddish tint and bluish. And video is the same. When I take video I can see it changing colors from reddish tint to blue to normal. Very weird. My wife's Inc 2 is way better in those departments. I also read a thread with this problem but nobody offered any solutions. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RottnJP

RottnJP Well-Known Member

The auto-white balance/detection seems not to work very well. All I had to do to fix it was set it to one of the other "modes" i.e. incandescent, flourescent, etc.

Have you tried that? You may find that with a little tweaking of the settings, it's spot-on.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Never underestimate the possibility that you have a defective unit.

The tint shifting you're describing is worrisome to me - I'd take it back to the store, compare with a demo unit and if this is really as bad as you describe, get a replacement.

4. andonakis

andonakis Well-Known Member

Yes when i take video I can literally see tint shifting right before my eyes. Wow.

5. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

Yeah, could be defective. My pictures and videos look great (at least to me). The only tweak I made was to change white balance to incandescent. I can honestly say the rezound's camera is the best of any phone I've every owned.

6. RottnJP

RottnJP Well-Known Member

That's funny... I didn't realize that from the first read- I thought you just meant the tint was off.

I'd have to agree if it's shifting tints dynamically that sounds odd...

7. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

I agree, I was also able to fix the white balance with detailed adjustments, it's not perfect but I can live with it till htc hopefully updates the software.

Your issue sounds like a hardware problem with the sensor itself or a firmware issue with the demosaicing algorithm that interpolates color information and creates the array of RGB image data.

I would get a new phone. While at the store try all the functions so you know things are working in general. All the best.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews