• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera and Video playing issues

Hello Guys,
i recently got impatient and tried to run droid 2.2 Froyo and bricked my desire in the process.
So I used ClockworkMod to restore my phone to droid 2.1 and ran my nandroid restore. since then i have had so many issues.
most are resolved now however i now cannot view any videos on my phone without it locking up, i can return to menu and use task manger to close everything and continue to use the handset.
Also if i try to take a picture all appears fine but the picture doesn't save. the camera seems to work and the picture preview shows but when you go into the gallery there are no new pictures there.
Even viewing the card via PC there are no knew pics there.

I realy don't want to format the card and flash the handset again. is there a gallery db file i could delete to kick the gallery into gear again? this worked with my contact and sms issues.
Would this fix my camera too?

please help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones