• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera.apk

larsek

Lurker
Jan 1, 2012
Well I got my triumpth from radioshack, and the camera would not allow me to use the front facing camera.I think it is disabled or something. Apps like tango will show my front camera as a black nonfunctioning screen incapable of recording anything. I dont know if i have an early build of this phone or the software is outdated, and I know where the switch camera option would be on my stock camera app. Ive seen it on youtube. That option has been excluded from my phones camera. Why? idk. So, I deleted the application, and was hoping someone could share there camera.apk and maybe the camera.odex. I'd really appreciate it, I can't find anyway on the internet to fix this issue.

SUMMARY: I need the stock CAMERA.APK for the virgin mobile Motorola Triumph (android 2.2.2).

Well I got my triumpth from radioshack, and the camera would not allow me to use the front facing camera.I think it is disabled or something. Apps like tango will show my front camera as a black nonfunctioning screen incapable of recording anything. I dont know if i have an early build of this phone or the software is outdated, and I know where the switch camera option would be on my stock camera app. Ive seen it on youtube. That option has been excluded from my phones camera. Why? idk. So, I deleted the application, and was hoping someone could share there camera.apk and maybe the camera.odex. I'd really appreciate it, I can't find anyway on the internet to fix this issue.

SUMMARY: I need the stock CAMERA.APK for the virgin mobile Motorola Triumph (android 2.2.2).

just download the bone stock rom from here... http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/413093-rom-bone-stock-stock-deodex-roms-triumph-now-resets-splash-img.html

and take what you need out of it. but that most likely wont fix it, as the camera most likely is broken

Upvote 0
just download the bone stock rom from here... http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/413093-rom-bone-stock-stock-deodex-roms-triumph-now-resets-splash-img.html

and take what you need out of it. but that most likely wont fix it, as the camera most likely is broken

Well I tried this and it didn't work, but thanks for the help. I think you're right that the camera is broke. So I'm just going to assume no camera.apk will make my front camera work. I'm sending my phone in for repairs through Motorola. I assume they will just send me a new one once they realize the camera is defective.

Upvote 0
Well I tried this and it didn't work, but thanks for the help. I think you're right that the camera is broke. So I'm just going to assume no camera.apk will make my front camera work. I'm sending my phone in for repairs through Motorola. I assume they will just send me a new one once they realize the camera is defective.
You mean virgin mobile dont you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones