• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help camera app fails 100% of the time

jdwils2ok

Lurker
Dec 5, 2009
When I start the camera or camcorder app, they fail every time with this error message "Sorry! The application Camera (process.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and a Force Close button. I know they transferred everything from my Motorola phone.. could there be an incompatibility problem with data transferred from my Motorola or is the camera hardware just faulty? Are there any steps I can take to troubleshoot?
Thanks in advance

my camera also fc sometimes and gotta do battery pull. i thought i was over this after i went from wm to android. do a factory reset. if that doesn't fix it then return it. i had this phone for more then 30 days, had to return one cuz of system failure wouldn't past android boot screen. i noticed this phone has a lot of glitches. its a new phone. i hope samsung will hurry up and release firmware updated to fix some of the issues. i would've went with htc hero but no physical keyboard. they support their phones really well. htc needs to make a slider android phone. i would so buy it.

Upvote 0
I talked to the Sprint store I purchased it from, they had me call a second level support number to see if they could do any troubleshooting. They weren't able to do any troubleshooting and said that it sounded like a hardware issue and recommended returning the phone for exchange at the Sprint store. So I will be doing that later today when they get their next shipment of phones. Thanks for the replies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones