1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Camera app FC, have to reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShanMan14, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ShanMan14

ShanMan14 Member
    None

Dec 7, 2011
    (Only) three times since launch day, my VZW Gnex camera app has gone haywire. Each time it's from the lock screen, launching directly into the camera app (if I remember correctly). I was able to snap a screen shot of it.

The only way I've been able to get camera functionality back is to reboot. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I searched the for forums and didn't see anything. Everything is stock, no custom ROMs or rooting.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    i actually had this happen last night for the first time in the exact same way that you described. I honestly think this is an Android software issue because i have gotten this exact same issue at random times on various Android Devices.

3. dren

dren Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    Web Design & Development
    Iowa
    Yep, I had this happen once.

4. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    Pooler, GA (Savannah)
    Similar problem, touch the camera icon to launch it and the phone "freezes" for a second then reboots. I've had several unexplained reboots since new, I'm wondering if I have a bad phone?

5. original6

original6 Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    I have had it happen now a handful of times on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus that I haven't had for a week, so it is still an issue in ICS I guess.

6. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    I had this on stock once. I had a similar gtalk problem yesterday where video chat hung up and I had to reboot.

7. fam

fam Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    IT\Photography\Illustrator\Auto Racing
    Sylvania, OH
    this happens rarely...but occasionally it does...on p3droid's rom it did it a LOT...but axioms it was better..I have also noticed when using the tesla led widget, if left on it wont initialize the camera (since its using its flash) but droid 2.3 would let you keep the led on and initializing the camera app...Its a software bug, and I doubt anyone is looking into it.

8. brandonhutch

brandonhutch Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Male
    Phoenix, AZ

No, this *IS* a big deal. I just got back from a golfing vacation where my Nexus had FC and be rebooted a minimum of half a dozen times while out on the course ... which is where my camera gets about 85% of its use.

Not cool. I ended up losing a ton of shots because I had to reboot so much. I sincerely hope a software update addresses camera problems.

I've also noticed that you can't get a quality picture if you use the zoom AT ALL ... but that's a different problem for a different thread.

Tags: