1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera Auto Exposure stopped working= help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaniMont, Jan 26, 2016.

1. DaniMont

DaniMont Lurker

I love the camera on my Turbo and use it to photograph my artwork. The ability to change the exposure with the slide circle was awesome. Today it stopped. I checked the settings on the camera and its turned on.

I have tried rebooting the phone. I have uninstalled all camera updates and cleared the cache. The help screens after doing this shows I should have the ability and sometimes I even see the circle but it doesnt work anymore. I have reinstalled all updates too.

Would love to have this back. Dont know why anything changed. I have done nothing on the phone. Please advise,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

That's strange. Does toggling the touch exposure off and then on again help?

If not, you can also try installing the Google camera app from the play store. When you slide out from the left side, you'll see a settings icon in the top right, and in settings they allow you to turn on manual exposure. It's not quite the same - when you turn that on, you'll see a three dot menu when you have the camera on, and opening that you can tap the bottom exposure icon to change exposure from -2 to +2 stops. It's also not tap the screen to take a photo - you tap the icon on the right, or use one of the volume buttons to take the photo.

3. #3 Thom, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  4. DaniMont

DaniMont Lurker

An update yesterday? Hum.... If so than that screwed it up. However I did find out that if I press and hold inside the focus circle the exposure part comes back, so it's working again at least. Don't know why they change things that are working fine! I have looked into other apps, and will look at both suggested but I really like the stock one so I am glad I got what I lost back. Thanks for answering me!

doogald likes this.
  5. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Well, it won't hurt to have another app available when Motorola fixes this issue; you never know if it will happen again.

Thom likes this.
  6. davez26

davez26 Lurker

Same here issue as DaniMont, frustrated, as I was happy with app and had tried all the same. The 'fix' of holding the circle works. Thank You for figuring this out DaniMont!

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews