• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera Awesome

I don't get all the complaints about the camera. I've got nothing but compliments about the pictures. I've even had an iPhone user tell me it looked better than their pictures (theirs were more cloudy in the same conditions) and an S4 user was shocked when he saw the quality of pictures and video. The camera's not perfect by any means, but they're also working on updates. That's a pretty decent value for what we paid.

Yes, I'm also starting to really like the camera the more I use it. With HDR+ I get really crisp, colorful shots without losing detail. It is also very consistent. I can't wait for the new API to come out, I imagine the Nexus 5's camera will be a beast then.

Upvote 0
Yep, and they came out blurry, but what do you expect?! It's a phone-camera after all! It's not a high-end camera exclusively, which if I'd paid 4 bills for, I'd expect to be able to take pictures while doing back flips - but it's not. For what it is, it's pretty impressive actually and there's an update around the corner for it. Can we really complain, considering how bad@$$ this phone really is? That's not even considering that it's the best bang for your buck in the unlocked market. Taking that into consideration, and the fact that the camera gives the iPhone cameras a run for their money, we really should appreciate that we have one of the best budget-conscious all around quality and well-put-together phones ever made. Let's see what 4.4.1 does for the camera, being that it's around the corner, and really enjoy our new bad@$$ phones in the mean time. :)

Upvote 0
Have you taken any pics with anyone/anything moving ?

This morning while taking pics of the sunrise off of the bridge near my house I did catch a couple moving cars, and they had the normal motion blur cars usually have. I have not tried capturing moving people yet. And I have not had any difficulty snapping shots of my active dog indoors. Sometimes he moves and I think I missed the shot but when HDR finishes it looks great. Even in photosphere he interrupted a shot and moved too fast for me to fit his head in, but somehow Photosphere correctly stitched in a boxer head (even if it was a little misshapen). I'm actually quite happy, compared to my original impression using the camera hands-on. Coming from an HTC phone I was thoroughly disappointed, but I have come to realize it's mainly because of Google's crappy camera app/interface. Crossing my fingers that their new API will spruce it up and rival the competition flagships.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones