1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera black screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by takhammill, Sep 13, 2011.

1. takhammill

takhammill Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    My wife and I purchased htc evo 4g phones from Sam's club last week and both have the same problem. After taking a few pictures the camera displays a black screen and none of the buttons work expect the home key. Everything else seems to keep working but the camera stays broken. The only way to get the camera to work again is by taking the battery out. I have not put any apps on the phones since we got them. Is anybody else having similar problems or know how to fix this problem?

I took my phone into Sprint and they said it's most likely the camera lens came dislodged in shipping. Hard to believe both phones camera broke in shipping. Seems more like a software issue since it does take a few pictures before the black screen comes up. Not sure what to do with the phones, we only have a few days left to return them to Sam's club. Hate to sent phones back for new ones if I'm going to have same problem again.

Thanks for any help.
    Tom

Advertisement

2. xoxomeowmixoxo

None

Nov 7, 2011
    I have the same issue after updated to 2.3. not sure if this has anything to do with the update. only way to fix is to restart the phone. did hard reset but problem is still there.

3. Daxlw

Daxlw Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2012
    When I start the app the camera symbol starts up but then goes to a blank or black screen. The only way out is to hit the home button. Who knows the fix. My phone is updated and has the pre-loaded apps only. Hard restarts and flashing does not seem to work. This problem is all over the internet. Suggestions?

4. Daxlw

Daxlw Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2012
    I don't know how this worked but I took the battery out and pressed hard on the camera lens. It had a small snap. Restart. It works now.

Tags: