1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Camera button controlling volume

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pitbullguy, Oct 23, 2010.

1. pitbullguy

pitbullguy Member

Jul 20, 2010
    As of yesterday, my camera button does not open the camera, but controls the volume. I have done a factory reset, etc. and nothing seems to fix it.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Tumeg

Tumeg Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    You sure you're pushing the RED camera button and not the volume rocker? ;p
    [had to ask]

3. pitbullguy

pitbullguy Member

Jul 20, 2010
    It's definitely the camera button, but good question because you don't always know the experience of people on here ;).

I've had it since launch day, and it's been absolutely flawless since. All of a sudden last evening it started opening the camera application and taking pictures without me doing a thing.

I did a factory reset twice and didn't install any of the applications back on the phone. And now, the camera button operates as volume completely.

Called VzW and they are sending out a replacement. I assume it's something internal at this point, rather than some software issue.

Also, the call to VzW support was quick. I loath calling tech support there. However, I immediately told them the issue and the steps I had taken to resolve. Without any hesitation, he shipped out a new phone. I guess just immediately telling them what steps you have already taken helps.