1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera button repair, SUCCESS!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StillHacking, Apr 21, 2012.

1. StillHacking

StillHacking Member

Ok so to make a short story long... I was having trouble with my camera switch for some time. I took the latest OTA update thinking it might be software related. It was not, the problem persisted.
    Watching the disassembly guid here, http://androidforums.com/droid-x-tips-tricks/320138-motorola-droid-x-repair-guide.html I found it easy to open the case. I then removed the electrical contact part of the camera button and soaked it in alcohol. I actuated it several times while repeatedly soaking it. I also eraser polished the contacts on the mother board to make better contact with the metal spring connectors on the switch. Looks like I'll put off a new phone for awhile now. Looking forward to trying a few new ROM's as I of course lost root with the OTA. This is not as scary as it sounds, this information should help the few remaining fans of the X.

SH

colchiro likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. StillHacking

StillHacking Member

Oops, well it looks like rooting .621 is problematic. Perhaps I'm stuck with the update only now. If so, I can live without root. Maybe this will work better as is. Thinking about the quad core phones that are soon to arrive...

SH

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

My power button was messed up back a few months ago. Took the phone apart(easy) and blew compressed air around the button. Must have been a speck of sand in it or something like that. Has worked great since. For a strange one, see my GPS fix!

4. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

There are several threads in the root section regarding rooting .621. It's much easier now than the original method.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews