1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

camera camcorder and youtube not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattcnz, Aug 4, 2010.

1. mattcnz

mattcnz Newbie

I updated to froyo 2.2 yesterday and ever since the camera, camcorder and YouTube apps flash open for a second and immediately close. I called Sprint's tech support and the lady said that Sprint did not work the bugs out of it for their phones yet, and that I have to go to the store and have them completely wipe it. This is unacceptable because I literally have put thousands of things on my evo. Is there anything else that can be done? Thank you in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Delvorak

Delvorak Newbie

I had this problem (updated to fresh 3 Rom), but I found it wasn't caused by the Rom. I found that it was actually caused be something I restored using titanium backup (from my eclair backup). I wasn't able to determine exactly which settings caused it, unfortunately. Did you restore using titanium backup?

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

4. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member

I just figured this out.
    Instead of uninstalling the LED Light, i just cleared the app data. It was giving me problems with the camera and any other apps that use the camera (qik).

5. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

Great. Wish I'd tried that before my hard reset last night...

6. mattcnz

mattcnz Newbie

Ok thank you very much for helping me with the camera/camcorder problem. I uninstalled the led widget and now they work fine. But now does anyone know how to fix the YouTube problem.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews