• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera Cannot Connect Error

TegraDroid

Nov 10, 2014
I have been getting this for a while however cclearing cache and data on camera app seemed to fix the issue it would work for a few times then mess up all over again few hours or days later is always random. well lately clearing ccache and data then restarting phone is not working. also have done a full reset on phone through lg reset and through the bootloader nothing works now. even different apps dont work which leads me to believe an internal hardware issue. i dont want to have to send my phone off to lg yet again fearing ill get it back on Marsh Mellow update and lose all root access. is there a way to reinstall stock roms on boost mobile phones back to kit kat?

I have been getting this for a while however cclearing cache and data on camera app seemed to fix the issue it would work for a few times then mess up all over again few hours or days later is always random. well lately clearing ccache and data then restarting phone is not working. also have done a full reset on phone through lg reset and through the bootloader nothing works now. even different apps dont work which leads me to believe an internal hardware issue. i dont want to have to send my phone off to lg yet again fearing ill get it back on Marsh Mellow update and lose all root access. is there a way to reinstall stock roms on boost mobile phones back to kit kat?
Hold off for a bit there is a guy on XDA that had to send his phone to LG and he had Lollipop. He's been tracking it for us and it's been moving quickly. He told us he'd let us know what OS and other things, track him here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/untouched-6-0-1-boost-sprint-t3285764/page14
The poster is: theoathkeeperalpha@yahoo

Last edited:
Reactions: TegraDroid
Upvote 0
Thank you for fast response. i am willing to try to unroot flash zv5 and reroot could you possibly explain how i go about that route least it gives me something to try while waiting on other guy to get phone back.i have already sent this phone to lg when the earpiece speaker quite and it came back all janky with update but root was gone and rerooting it took a long night to fix.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
they dont respond much here anymore he has a new phone now. the unbrick guides have never worked for me because i can never get my phone back to unrooted and untouched so can start process of updating and rerooting if that makes sense lol. in other words guides are kinda hard to follow sometimes as commands wont work right and last time just to get my phone fixed took me all night till 3 am and had to be at work at 5am to fix it.im thinking its time to tart shopping for a replacement phone this one is dead in the water

Reactions: tc15
Upvote 0
He was on here 2 days ago posting on the root tab for stylo and on the XDA page I linked 2 days ago. I used the brick guide, when I first got my phone it unbricked me. I used the update guide and it worked too. It is hard when you mess around with root when you don't have custom recovery, but if your stuff is DOA then it's not a loss. We all make screwups, that's how we learn. Many of us are stuck on MM and no you can't go back, You'll have to use your best judgement.

Upvote 0
well when i use the unbrick guide i have the system img on my external sd and when i do first command it pops up a # then i paste
dd if=/storage/external_SD/system.img bs=8192 seek=42816 count=327680 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 and then all i get is a #_ and sits there and does nothing lol so cant go any further. thats what i meant cant use the unbrick guide cause it wont accept the commands. maybe im not putting system.img file in right spot i am just dropping it in root of my sd card in no folder.

Upvote 0
well when i use the unbrick guide i have the system img on my external sd and when i do first command it pops up a # then i paste
dd if=/storage/external_SD/system.img bs=8192 seek=42816 count=327680 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 and then all i get is a #_ and sits there and does nothing lol so cant go any further. thats what i meant cant use the unbrick guide cause it wont accept the commands. maybe im not putting system.img file in right spot i am just dropping it in root of my sd card in no folder.
Try changing up and copy the .img to the root of the internal sd and change the sd path in the dd command and see if that does anything. You double checked your com port. I mean you used the ports.bat right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember, after reading over the instructions, and after reading what you wrote about the flashing cursor after entering the dd command. I think maybe just maybe you didn't wait long enough. This is not like a rom flash where it tells you each part it flashes. It takes quite a bit of time and it doesn't do anything EXCEPT flash the empty cursor. (In other words, it's flashing the .img in the background without anything being seen on the screen except the flashing cursor) The # sign does come back after a long time You then type leave and reboot if I remember. Maybe you and others aren't waiting and being patient enough. I'd re-do and wait how ever long it takes for the # sign to come back

Last edited:
Reactions: Blu8
Upvote 0
I remember, after reading over the instructions, and after reading what you wrote about the flashing cursor after entering the dd command. I think maybe just maybe you didn't wait long enough. This is not like a rom flash where it tells you each part it flashes. It takes quite a bit of time and it doesn't do anything EXCEPT flash the empty cursor. (In other words, it's flashing the .img in the background without anything being seen on the screen except the flashing cursor) The # sign does come back after a long time You then type leave and reboot if I remember. Maybe you and others aren't waiting and being patient enough. I'd re-do and wait how ever long it takes for the # sign to come back

yeah i know what it does when its flashing image it should just be this _ flashing but mine shows #_ instead and i let it sit for 2 hours last night and it didnt do anything. ill try to take pictures i know they would help understand what im saying. i have reinstalled drivers and rebooted..changed usb ports etc. im about to attempt it on a windows 7 laptop see if it works on there. i have also downloaded the system.img 3x just to make sure it wasnt corrupted or anything. i will post back pictures also a follow up if it works and my ccamera starts working so others can use this info.

Upvote 0
I used this process. It worked. It's hard to help in this circumstance. If you want to put up some other pix or info maybe I can help. Not enough to go by except syntax, right now

sorry bro i got it finally to work...some the things i did was get a 4gb sd card erase everything and put only the system.img on it. also used a usb 2.0 port(not sure that did anything because usb 3.0 was finding the com number right) it is up and running bout to test camera be back in a few after get through the initial setup on phone.

the original card was a sandisk ultra 32gb class 10 may been issue who knows

Upvote 0
still camera error i guess its broke internally :(...... even in safe mode this is irritating
Screenshot_2016-01-27-19-44-40[1].png
Screenshot_2016-01-27-19-56-40[1].png

Last edited:
Reactions: jmacie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones