• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera causes G1 to restart

empty

Lurker
Oct 8, 2009
Hello! How is this for a first post. ;)

Pressing the camera button or tapping the camera app icon causes the phone to restart.

When this problem started my pfone was still an unrooted RC19.

While trying to fix this I have done the following:

Several Hard Resets - camera not working
Data Wipe - not working
update to RC29 - not working
Root, HardSPL and update to CyanoGen 4.0.4 (v1.5) - not working, camcorder also restarts phone
JF v1.5 - Not working
Data Wipe - WORKING CAMERA!!!:D
the next morning I try to use barcode scanner app and the phone restarts!:mad: - Cam is not working again:(
This point on I wipe before every ROM update
Reflash original SPL and go back to RC29 - not working
Root, HardSPL, and update to JF v1.5 - not Working
Update to JF 1.5.1 - not working
Reflash original SPL and go back to RC29 - not working
Offical TMo 1.5 ROM - not working
Offical Tmo 1.6 update ROm -not working BUT now instead of restarting the phone the phone throws up a Force Close error "The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I'm staying at 1.6 for the time being as the error message is more graceful than having the phone reboot if I accidentally press the cam button.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do? I am not eligible for warranty service as I am not in the USA.

Thanks!:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones