1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera Display Acting Strange

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JoshUng, Aug 6, 2010.

1. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I can't find anyway to fix it, I generally just need to wait it out.

The camera and camcorder display sometimes looks strange, like I'm using one of the special fx, but I have no effects on. When I change the camera to sepia, or some other effect, it doesn't seem to be affected. Has anybody seen/heard of this before?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Android Enthusiast

Have you ever experienced any ghosts or weird paranormal events?

jk, I don't know what could be causing that. Looks like a mixture of some effects. Have you tried using other camera apps to see if the issue is the same?

JoshUng likes this.
  3. broken1i

broken1i Member

^That is a good approach to your problem.

4. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

That's a good idea, didn't even think about that. As for the mix of effects, I tried switching back and forth, even reset to default in the settings, no luck.

After your suggestion, I did download a camera app, and haven't been able to recreate the problem using either camera mode, so hopefully its a moot point from now on.

On the bright side, I never would have even thought to use a camera app, just looking briefly through the ones available suggests I have been missing out. Thanks either way.

5. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Android Enthusiast

Ahh that's weird. Did you try with the stock app take a picture outside? maybe it was just a weird lighting situation, and causing it to saturate/desaturate while adjusting light balances. Also in manager applications settings,have you tried to clear cache for the default camera? Even though I doubt that would do anything. Just something to try.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews