• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Camera doesn't work, where did I go wrong?

Hi I'm new here and I'm not sure if this has been covered before.
The Camera app doesn't work on my tablet anymore and I don't know what to do, let me tell you what happened. You see my father gave this ViewSonic G-tablet because he did not like that it it could not go on the market and that it could hardly do what we asked it to because it was 2.2. He asked me to find a way to upgrade it. So since it was 2.2 and I had no idea what I was doing I decided to use GingerBreak and root it, it worked and I got Superuser, after that I got a 3.0 Rom and named it update and put it in the root of the sd card where I booted the tablet and set it to update, it took it surprisingly and updated itself to 3.0.1. now as Honeycomb it cannot run the Camera, do you know what went wrong? Does it need somesort of driver that the rom didn't bring? This is the first time ever that I experimented with an Android device.

Yes I used a Rom that was meant for the tablet.
I didn't really follow any guilds I just skimmed through one

Well that's not good, and now even worse. Since I didn't Know what to do I decided to give it a factory reset, maybe that would fix any problem that when wrong during the install. Guess what happened? I bricked the tablet... once it started up it kept on looping at the start up, I opened the recovery menu and it said it could not find this dev folder with a bunch of numbers and the recovery /log folder on the sd card, I didn't Back up anything so I'm screwed, I tried the nflash thing but the pc can not read my tablet in apk mode, the usb doesn't connect or anything, no pop up for saying drivers required or anything, I think this ipod cable doesn't work to connect the tablet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones