• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera File Naming

Mick1988

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
Hi All,

Just recently upgraded from my HTC Desire to a Samsung Galaxy SIII 4G.

I absolutely love the new phone, the screen, the speed and of course the storage.

However I have one issue. My HTC phone used to name my camera images numerically (IMAG0001, IMAG0002, IMAG0003) and so forth.

This new phone seems to name them using a date and time stamp which I don't like. I advertise things online and it was always so much easier knowing I had to upload photos 837, 839, 840 and 842. As I have thumbnails turned off in Windows 7 I have to physically preview photos to ensure I upload the right ones.

Is there a way to change the way the phone names my images? I looked through the camera settings and there doesn't appear to be the option to change it (my HTC had the option). Is there an update I can download that does this? I am currently running Android 4.1.1

Many thanks
Mick

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones