1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bmxdad, Feb 4, 2011.

1. bmxdad

bmxdad Member

I'm on DL30 and was going to use my camera. When I opened it up a pop-up message was there stating that a camera firmware was available, and did I want to install it.

At first I wasn't going to do it, but thought what hey .. why not, so I clicked OK. I was presented with a screen and three buttons. One was to check camera firmware, one for the phone firmware and one to install.

After clicking the install, a warning came up to not turn off the phone, then a progress bar showed with a unit measurement of 255, or there a bouts. The download started and started counting up. When completed the screen went blank for awhile ... maybe 30 - 40 seconds. After that a pop-up say update was successful and to reboot the phone, which I did.

I opened the camera and it looked different, almost sharper and with more contrast. Could have been wishful thinking. I took a picture and was surprised by how fast it loaded and focused ... that was different!

Then I noticed this ...

Notice in the lower right, the small image. It was a picture of what I just took. I don't remember that ever being there ... anyone else get this??

[​IMG]

(how do you size photos?)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xceebeex

xceebeex Well-Known Member

Yea, that little thumbnail is definitely new. I noticed that too.

3. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Yeah I think the new camera firmware was a plus. I do like the mini thumbnail and while I dont take many snaps the "new" ones do seem sharper

4. Nirvalica

Nirvalica Newbie

You want to change the resolution? I only have the old 2.1 camera, but you click the arrow on the left, click the gear at the bottom, and go down to page 2 to select resolution.

If that's not what you meant, then I don't know haha

5. bmxdad

bmxdad Member

Na, this has nothing to do with picture resolution. Pictures are sharper, maybe because camera takes them faster or process the image faster? Did some playing last night, and where a dark setting would be major blurry its now fairly clear. Don't see how a firmware could effect ISO or shutter speed ... but hey, I'll take it.

6. dragonzsoul

dragonzsoul Well-Known Member

this was in another thread, but there's pinch to zoom for zooming in the camera, really awesome

saps likes this.
  7. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Wow I use the camera so little but that's pretty cool too. I assume its digital zoom but no less not a bad little trick

8. dragonzsoul

dragonzsoul Well-Known Member

if only there were real zoom... :p but yup, digital zoom

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews