• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera Fixed..!

No OTA people, if your battery is working better then be happy, but it wasn't just magically fixed.

I don't know where you came up with magically but I am wondering if the camera bug might have an effect on the battery. Now I wasn't getting as bad of battery life as some but I definitely wasn't getting as much as others either. It appears to be draining at a visibly less rate today then any other day since launch.

I know it doesn't seem to make sense that it would have anything to do with battery life but then who would think the timestamp would directly mess with focusing either.

I did have to do *228 and both option 1 and 2 to get my 3G back after it stopped working last night so there is a chance it has something to do with that as well.

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask other users if they have noticed a change as well so we can possibly narrow it down to what is making a difference in battery life.

Upvote 0
I can see that things have improved too, or perhaps I just haven't experimented with it properly. Indoor shots with incandescent lighting are still somewhat poor, you might have to turn on a lot of lights or just not take pictures in small rooms with dark colored walls =P

Here are some examples though of the sunny outdoors!

2009-11-17124003.jpg

2009-11-17124022.jpg

The two outdoor photos are really sharp. But compared to the two indoors (both with lights on and off)

2009-11-17124126.jpg

2009-11-17124145.jpg

They still leave something to be desired. This was all done with focus/white balance/scene in auto mode.

The two indoor shots are motion blurred. Take a look at the exif data for those two pics, I suspect they used a much slower shutter speed due to the darker conditions, and you moved the camera while the shutter was still open. It'd be nice if the camera app would tell us what shutter speed and ISO it was choosing so we could decide before taking the picture if we need to take extra precautions in order to get a good picture.

Upvote 0
The two indoor shots are motion blurred. Take a look at the exif data for those two pics, I suspect they used a much slower shutter speed due to the darker conditions, and you moved the camera while the shutter was still open. It'd be nice if the camera app would tell us what shutter speed and ISO it was choosing so we could decide before taking the picture if we need to take extra precautions in order to get a good picture.

Yes, you're right. But us humans aren't exactly made of stone, so it can't really be helped, and there is no way to use a tripod mount (who the hell would want that on a camera phone anyway?)

Upvote 0
I don't know where you came up with magically but I am wondering if the camera bug might have an effect on the battery. Now I wasn't getting as bad of battery life as some but I definitely wasn't getting as much as others either. It appears to be draining at a visibly less rate today then any other day since launch.

all i can offer here is an anecdotal suggestion, but i read in another thread on these forums about the battery. keep in mind i do not know the specifics of batteries so hopefully someone who does can jump in and potentially take my foot from my mouth, but...

what i remember reading is that there are two types of batteries, ones that do better after a few full discharges and recharges, and others that are otherwise "stable". the theory presented in this other thread is that this phone uses the former, so after a few days of use draining the battery, and potentially (depending on your use) draining it to 0% and recharging, your battery will last longer.

again, i have *no* idea if this is true, and i can't find the post, but i definitely read that on here somewhere. so it might be related to that, just that we've all had the phones a while now and the time to fully discharge them in many cases.

in any event, my battery is doing much, much better today and yesterday than it did the first week. i doubt it's related to an OTA update, perhaps we're just using them less heavily now that the "toy" factor has worn off?

sorry for any potentially incorrect information, feel free to jump in and correct or link to the other thread that i can't currently find.

Upvote 0
And I'm Stephen xxxxxxx Hawking.

Do you think your internet credentials impress anyone? That just shows what a xxxxxx 12 year old you are. Congratulations.

You language and personal attacks are not welcome here and will not be tolerated ....

If you would like to remain part of the community .. i suggest you modify you approach to others and for your language.

Thanks for you expected cooperation

For Everyone here if you want this thread to continue ... Play nice ....

Or I will be happy to close it ...

Upvote 0
Yes, you're right. But us humans aren't exactly made of stone, so it can't really be helped, and there is no way to use a tripod mount (who the hell would want that on a camera phone anyway?)

Yes, I had similar observations as well. Outdoor pics look fine, but the indoor pics end up all grainy (ISO 400+, even with flash) and motion-blurred.

Also, seems like camera aperture is f2.8 only.

It would be great if there's an app which allows us to change the shutter speed & ISO - something like a 'P' mode in most super-compacts :D

Upvote 0
Even though i am now seeing green at all 4 corners, i gotta say this camera does take some shitty pics. In a room that is lit by the glow from a television and maybe a small lamp, the screen on the phone looks almost completely dark with a few white specs. You cant see the pic of what you are taking and when the pic comes out, it is all grainy. I am not sure a software upgrade will fix this one. I think Moto just used a cheap lens.

Upvote 0
tried the *228 nothing changed...

checked date and it is reading correct date and time.

tried about 25 attempts at focusing only 3 of them had green corners.

i have also cleaned the lens... BTW this makes a huge difference is picture quality. my storm did not seem to need the cleaning treatment nearly as much (I don't remember cleaning it)

hopefully this is not the only fix for autofocus. I would love to use the camera and some of the camera related apps.

Upvote 0
My husband downloaded a magnifying program shortly after he purchased his Droid this past weekend. He never had problems with the camera. I bought mine at the same time, and have been having trouble with the autofocus all week.

Last night he suggested I download the app called Magnify to see if somehow it could override whatever was going wrong with the autofocus. It seemed to do the trick. The camera works fine now. I don't know if this was just a coincidence, but it's worth a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones