• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Flash and phone crash issue

Dawn75034

Lurker
Jan 8, 2012
Hi folks. I'm new here. I tried to search to see if this issue had been posted before, but my computer locked up. Grrr....I guess that's another issue I need to deal with.

In any event, has anyone had trouble with their Fascinate losing complete power when the flash is enabled when using the camera? I attempted on three different instances last night to use my camera with the flash enabled. Each time I clicked to take the picture, the flash flashed and the phone went black. I couldn't get the phone to power back on without removing the battery and completely rebooting it. Once it was powerd back on, I checked my picture files and the picture was not captured. When the flash flashed, it was almost as if it was taking a long time to take the picture (as if the shutter speed was really slow like it was trying to gather additional light), but then I realized after about 30 seconds that the phone had actually shut down....not powered down like I had shut it off, but actually an instant complete loss of power.

Sorry if this topic has been covered before. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones