• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera flash over-saturating images?

Yup, same here. Even at 100 ISO I still get this. It's the same way when you take pictures with a strong sun (clear skies and sun directly above you). Anything white will have a whitish glow. I hope they copy iPhone's technique where it shoots multiple photos and get a composite photo with the three and get the best contrast for great photo.

I wonder if we can just get a black filter/film over the lens to minimize this problem.

Upvote 0
I read a tip somewhere a long while back where someone suggested putting a piece or two of tissue paper over the flash to work as a make shift diffuser. It would allow the flash to be bright enough but soften up the really bright cut that LED's can have. I havent tried it since I have rarely needed my camera yet, but when the time comes I might try this tip out. It would work especially well with my phone and case since it would hold in the tissue papers against the LED without any attaching. You could also put the tissue papers under the battery door then install the door over top, but it might hinder the door from sitting flush.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones