1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera flash won't turn off in low light

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dinosaur1, Jan 13, 2013.

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member

When I try and take a pic with the Camera app the flash simply will not turn off and it will not allow me to take a photo.

My original Nexus 4 had this issue. This is a replacement device from Google. Its doing the same thing. Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast

That happened to me a few hours ago. Had to press home button to reset the flash and the camera. What did Google said about this? Did they just offered a replacement?

3. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member

Yes. I am using the replacement device now. Same thing thing is happening. Only seems to happen when it's low light and when I'm taking pics of a few people in the shot.

Does anyone have any workaround for this?

4. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

I think the camera app is a bit dodgy. I've seen a lot of people saying that the camera won't take a picture if you take a few one after the other (mine has also done this).

Some nice ideas in there but it really needs a fix.

5. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast

Getting a replacement would be hard for me as I bought the N4 on the US but I'm not living there. I would have to ship it back, wait for replacement and pay shipping to my country again. I rather wait for a software fix, which I believe is the real problem.

6. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

The only temp work around i found while having this issue out and about was to turn on hdr, this seemed to stop the flash, by no means an ideal solution but it did seem to work.

7. tonytouch311

tonytouch311 Well-Known Member

Ive had the same issue and is quite embarrassing when taking pics of friends. I noticed that if you move the camera on what your focusing on than press the screen to refocus the flash will go off and than will function normally.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews